- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1-1/2 cups quartered lengthwise, sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup instant white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
|Serving Size||4 servings (1-1/4 cups each)|
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, undrained tomatoes and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Add rice; stir well. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||9 g||14%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||17%|
|Dietary fiber||7 g||27%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Excellent recipe!! I change it up some by adding more fresh vegetables (squash, onions and sometimes banana peppers if they are fresh).
Love this recipe! I get so excited every summer for the zucchinis to get ready so I can make this. It's great on the second day too. I add some salt and sometimes omit the bell pepper. Yum!
The recipe was good I thought. the rest of my family thought different. I was the only one that ate it. one serving and the rest got thrown away. Next time, I am going to omit the zucchini and see if it is liked by the masses.
Not bad. Easy prep. I did add extra salt, cumin and onion powder because it tasted a little bland. I think I'd like to try with brown rice next time. My 6 year old enjoyed it.
Turned out great! I did make a few adjustments based on other comments. - Spanish rice and cooked it separately (just mix it all together when it's done) - Drained all cans (since the rice is separate) - Didn't measure the veggies - 2 zucchini, half a bell pepper - Regular diced tomatoes, added some minced garlic from a jar - Added a can of corn - Added a little garlic powder, seasoned salt, and creole seasoning - Used the regular 'Mexican blend' shredded cheese Very easy to make - I don't hardly cook and I'd only cooked rice like once before this. I'm a fairly picky eater and I thought it was a great recipe to add to my slowly growing repertoire! I could only select one but I try to be decently healthy, only cook for 2-4 people, and I'm the pickiest eater of the group. If you like southwestern things with black beans and corn and you are okay with zucchini, then definitely try it. Next time will add some chicken or sausage. I recommend this and will be making it again!
This has been a go-to recipe in our house for a couple of years. It's quick to throw together and perfect for a weeknight. I only make a couple of small modifications to make it best suit my family. I throw in some sliced turkey sausage at the same time I'm saut?ing the zucchini. I skip the cheese altogether because I found it didn't add much to the meal. We love taking the leftovers in our lunches the next day, too!