- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1-1/2 cups quartered lengthwise, sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup instant white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
|Serving Size||4 servings (1-1/4 cups each)|
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, undrained tomatoes and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Add rice; stir well. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||9 g||14%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||17%|
|Dietary fiber||7 g||27%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Awesome Dish! Cooking for kids ages 2, 4, 6, 13, and 16 and everyone loved it. Little kids picked around the squash until I told them no lemonade if they didn't eat it all. Husband is an extreme picky eater but I think he liked it deep down inside.
Loved this recipe. Not only delicious but healthy as well.
I have an autistic three year old and a typical five year old. They have opposite tastes when it comes to food. The three year old ate it but the five year old turned up his nose at it. I thought it was pretty good. It was easy to put together, they got some veggies and protein in their diet. What more can a mom ask for when she has to whip something together quickly.
Loved this. I too precooked brown rice. I added onion, garlic and mushrooms at beginning. Added the zucchini and red/yellow peppers next. Used rotel tomatoes with mild green chilies. Added 1t taco seasoning. Added black beans and small amount of leftover corn. Let simmer while rice cooked. Tossed in rice at end,sprinkled cheese and served with tortilla chips and salsa. My husband went nuts over this. No added salt also. Keeper!
This was delicious! I wanted to eat it all by myself. I didn't use instant rice. I cooked brown rice & added it when it was done & used olive oil in place of the canola oil.. Very easy & very fast to make.
Great dish, so easy to make along with being healthy. I spruce mine up with seasoning and garlic; I replace the canola oil with olive oil. I also cook the rice before hand. Turn out great every time!