- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1-1/2 cups quartered lengthwise, sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup instant white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
|Serving Size||4 servings (1-1/4 cups each)|
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, undrained tomatoes and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Add rice; stir well. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||9 g||14%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||17%|
|Dietary fiber||7 g||27%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I also added onion. I bought a "whole grain 5" rice blend that was a blend of brown, red, wild rices and other grains and cooked it in a broth before adding it to the veggies. You can use a can of vegetable broth or chicken broth. Also added some freshly ground pepper & a dash of Mediterranean sea salt. The rice blend takes about 35 min. to cook, so give yourself a little extra prep time.
Loved it! Yum yum :) I added onion and garlic
Excellent recipe!! I change it up some by adding more fresh vegetables (squash, onions and sometimes banana peppers if they are fresh).
Love this recipe! I get so excited every summer for the zucchinis to get ready so I can make this. It's great on the second day too. I add some salt and sometimes omit the bell pepper. Yum!
The recipe was good I thought. the rest of my family thought different. I was the only one that ate it. one serving and the rest got thrown away. Next time, I am going to omit the zucchini and see if it is liked by the masses.
Not bad. Easy prep. I did add extra salt, cumin and onion powder because it tasted a little bland. I think I'd like to try with brown rice next time. My 6 year old enjoyed it.