- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1-1/2 cups quartered lengthwise, sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup instant white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
|Serving Size||4 servings (1-1/4 cups each)|
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, undrained tomatoes and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Add rice; stir well. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||9 g||14%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||17%|
|Dietary fiber||7 g||27%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Really good. Made it with Spanish rice,added avocado slices on top with fresh squeezed lemon juice. The lemon juice really added to the flavor. Will definitely make again!
I made it with jalape?o, and garlic. Jasmine rice, and added a little green enchilada sauce. It would make a perfect meat alternative enchilada filling. I also used black beans with jalape?os, and whatever cheese we had. It's so good though
I added a heaping cup of Onion and didn't have any Green Peppers so I used Red Peppers instead. Added 2 cloves of minced fresh garlic. They were pretty big cloves. Also heaped the Rice. Zucchini, and Peppers. Didn't have and Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic so I used Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Onion in them from Del Monte. Also added extra water before adding Rice. Delicious will be making this again.
i did 3 cups zuccini, 2 cups cheese, and 1/2 can of fire roasted corn ans served with bonless fried chicken.
I also added onion. I bought a "whole grain 5" rice blend that was a blend of brown, red, wild rices and other grains and cooked it in a broth before adding it to the veggies. You can use a can of vegetable broth or chicken broth. Also added some freshly ground pepper & a dash of Mediterranean sea salt. The rice blend takes about 35 min. to cook, so give yourself a little extra prep time.
Loved it! Yum yum :) I added onion and garlic