- 1 cup dry brown lentils, sorted, rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 can (15 oz each) Manwich® Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns
|Serving Size||8 servings (1 sandwich each)|
- Combine lentils and water in large saucepan. Cover; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, chop carrot and add to lentils when they come to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 20 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain.
- Stir in Sloppy Joe sauce and brown sugar; simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Place about 1/2 cup lentil mixture on each bun bottom and close with top. Serve immediately.
Extra Sloppy Joe mixture can be frozen in freezer container or freezer bag for up to 1 month. Thaw, reheat thoroughly and enjoy on buns.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||2 g||4%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||0%|
|Dietary fiber||11 g||46%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
This is yummy!
making another test review to push this recipe to the 2nd page of comments
more food comments
Testing Nickname without being logged in.