- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
- 1 can (16 oz each) reduced sodium dark red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 pkg (9 oz each) refrigerated whole wheat cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 4 ounces baby spinach leaves
|Serving Size||6 servings (about 1-1/2 cups each)|
- Combine undrained tomatoes, beans, broth and water in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; stir in tortellini and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in spinach; serve.
Other canned beans may be used if red kidney beans are not available. Small red beans or pinto beans would be most similar, however cannellini or Great Northern could be used if less color was OK. Frozen or dry cheese tortellini also could be used in place of refrigerated tortellini. Cook according to recommended time or until pasta was tender.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||6%|
|Dietary fiber||7 g||28%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Tasty, but too tame. I add basil, garlic, crushed rosemary, and a touch of hot red pepper for a putanesca kick! Aromatic also. Garnish with chopped spinach.
Loved it, though I used 2 cups beef broth instead of chicken broth. Quick, easy, and delicious!
Love this recipe, shared it with my sister and my three daughters. Great for a rainy evening at home.
LOVE THE GREAT TASTE, SIMPLE RECIPE AND THE TIPS.
A quick and easy way to add more beans to my diet.
love this soup! perfect for a cold day.