- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pkg (8 oz each) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 4 beef cubed steaks (4 steaks = 1 lb)
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce-No Salt Added
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz each) condensed reduced fat and sodium cream of mushroom soup
|Serving Size||4 servings (1 steak with 3/4 cup sauce each)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from skillet; place in 13x9-inch baking dish. Spray skillet again with cooking spray. Brown steaks over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes, turning once. Place on vegetables.
- Combine tomato sauce and soup in medium bowl; pour over steaks and vegetables. Cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until steak is tender.
If fresh mushrooms are not available, use 1 can (4 oz drained wt) for the fresh mushrooms. Drain and add to the onion in the baking dish. There is plenty of creamy sauce to serve over noodles or mashed potatoes, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||10 g||16%|
|Saturated fat||4 g||20%|
|Dietary fiber||3 g||11%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I use round steak. Sprinkle steaks with salt,pepper and garlic powder. Flour the steaks. Brown in a skillet with 2 T. oil. Add sliced onions and sliced mushrooms. Let cook for at least 2 1/2 hours. When cooking round steak it needs to cook a long time. Otherwise the steak will be tough. Remove the steak from the pan. Add a heaping Tablespoon of flour and make into a rue. Add enough water to make a gravy. Cook until it boils. Return meat to pan and serve.
I was raised on Swiss Steak! My Mom didn't use the mushroom soup. It was red sauce on the steak and onions. This recipe sounds just as good! Will pick up the cube steak and fresh mushrooms this week, when we go grocery buying, and I'll make this! Thank you for sharing the recipe!
Try breading the steaks and browning on both sides then make a rue with the left over flower add milk and stir until gravy is made adding salt and pepper and minced garlic with a little shot of Worcestershire sauce.Add steak and simmer for 45 mins or until tender. Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans. This is the old fashioned way to make it. None of this canned stuff.We never had it with mushrooms or onions it takes away from the original flavor. reting is a 3
Would it be better with a thin julienne sliced poblano pepper, saute'd with the onion, just before mushrooms added, and use olive oil instead of spray? Will try it with poblano and olive oil and btw appreciate low sodium.
Omit the onions, mushrooms and strain the mushroom soup and this recipe is a big winner!
i love it it taste super good i wish i could mary it it was the best.