- 2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano-No Salt Added, undrained
- 2 cups dry multigrain penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Made with Olive Oil Spread
- 1 pkg (6 oz each) baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
|Serving Size||4 servings (1-1/3 cups each)|
- Combine broth, undrained tomatoes, pasta and Fleischmann's in large skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium and cook 15 minutes or just until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in spinach and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with walnuts and cheese just before serving.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||15 g||24%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||15%|
|Dietary fiber||7 g||28%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
We thoroughly enjoyed this. Since sodium is a problem for us, and even most reduced sodium vegetable broth has too much, I used an ll.5 oz can of low sodium V8 plus water to make two cups and only 1/4 cup of a parmesan romano blend (because it's slightly lower in sodium.) I also used one tbsp of unsalted butter rather than the two tbsp of Fleischman?s.
My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. I tweeked it a bit by adding fresh sweet & Thai basil along with minced garlic & Italian seasoning. Using fresh spinach at the end is better than using frozen spinach. Also used spinach Penne which was excellent. I will try this again.
I loved this recipe! It will now be in my recipe box for stuff to make in the future.
This is not only easy, but wonderful. Plus.....only one pot to wash. I wouldn't change a thing. Yum
This was an awesome recipe!!! It will be in my recipe file. As a garnish with the walnuts and Parmesan cheese I also like crumbled fresh goat cheese mixed in at the end. It added a great zip and is so creamy. I also added a big clove of fresh garlic to the pot when I cooked the pasta. It was an awesome recipe.
This has become my new favorite recipe! I was dubious because the ingredients were so simple, but after reading so many great reviews I decided to give it a try. There is really nothing to say except this is seriously delicious with a perfect blend of light flavors. I agree with another reviewer that is was even better the second day. Perfect for a summer afternoon!