- 2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano-No Salt Added, undrained
- 2 cups dry multigrain penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Made with Olive Oil Spread
- 1 pkg (6 oz each) baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
|Serving Size||4 servings (1-1/3 cups each)|
- Combine broth, undrained tomatoes, pasta and Fleischmann's in large skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium and cook 15 minutes or just until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in spinach and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with walnuts and cheese just before serving.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||15 g||24%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||15%|
|Dietary fiber||7 g||28%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I customized this by adding boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Delicious! In addition, instead of Parmesan, we cube up fresh Mozzarella and put it on when we wilt the spinach. One of my wife's favorite dishes.
I hardly ever cook a recipe from a can, but saw this and thought, I have all the stuff to make this. So simple and quick and tasty. I added a few capers to my dish. A keeper for a dinner on the spot.
Not really a vegetarian recipe...typically, Parmesan cheese is made with rennet (which comes from the lining of animal stomachs). If you actually care about the vegetarian part of this recipe, I suggest using a different cheese, or go with good, old-fashioned Kraft parmesan, which (according to the company) isn't made with rennet. Otherwise, this is a delicious and satisfying dish, and the leftovers are good, as well!
Loved this recipe! It's a combination of ingredients I would have never tried on my own that go together perfectly. Also warms up nicely as leftovers!
I LOVE this dish!! Its so easy AND delicious! My favorite part is the spinach and I like the walnuts crunchy to add a different texture.
I enjoyed this one! Definitely had to add it to our vegetarian meal rotation.