- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1-1/4 cups instant white rice, uncooked
- 1 can (14 oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
|Serving Size||6 servings (1/2 cup each)|
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add rice; cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until rice is browned lightly, stirring frequently.
- Add broth, drained tomatoes, chili powder and cumin to saucepan; stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||5 g||8%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||2%|
|Dietary fiber||1 g||3%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
i tried this recipe always looking to add flavor to boring rice. this was very good, my kids liked it. it was a little spicy for my son, but he doesnt like anything spicy
My kids enjoyed this, My son wanted a little more "kick"to it next time.Maybesome jalapenos?
I have made Spanish rice with Ro-Tel tomatoes and chilies for years but this recipe kicked it up a notch. I had never used chili powder or cumin in my rice. Those spices made a big difference in the taste. I'll make Spanish rice this way from now on. It's fantastic!!
This recipe was quick and easy to throw together, with things I had in my pantry. We loved the taste, but we like more of a hot and spicy taste, so I added some jalapenos to give it an extra kick.
This is a great meal for families who have kids. My kids love Mexican food and this is perfect for the. It's so easy to make with ingredients that are easy to find. So yummy!!!!
I have picky eaters so this rice recipe is perfect. It goes great with enchaliada and taco night. It's not too spicy for the kids either.