- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 1-1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 can (15 oz each) Manwich® Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1 can (15 oz each) Van Camp's® Pork and Beans
- 1 pkg (7.5 oz each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough (10 small biscuits)
|Serving Size||6 servings (1/6th casserole each)|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook and stir beef in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink; drain. Add all frozen vegetables. Cover; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until thawed. Stir in remaining ingredients, except dough. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally. Pour into baking dish.
- Meanwhile, remove biscuit dough from package. Cut each biscuit in half crosswise. Place cut side down over hot mixture around edge of baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown.
Be sure meat mixture is piping hot when the biscuits are placed around the edge of the dish so the bottom of the biscuits cook as well as the top.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||16%|
|Dietary fiber||7 g||29%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
This was on the menu last night and very little remained after dinner was done. My husband said it was good. No kids in the house to rate it. I used fresh peppers and onions and cooked them with the meat. I found that one can of biscuits wasn't enough to go around my 13x9 pan overlapping and so used two cans. 1-1/2 cans would have been perfect. I just made double rows to use up the extra half can. Loved how quick and easy it was and that it was a one-pan meal.
I made this dish and everyone loved it. Made my own add-ins though still just as good. I was asked to make it again!
It was just okay to me. I am not a fan of man wich or the van de kamps pork and beans. Neither of my kids liked the dish. Hubby liked it tho.
This casserole was such a big hit in my house! It is so good!! One bite and I was hooked. I make it with fresh vegetables and canned corn and it tastes just fine. No need for frozen. :)
this is really good i wasnt sure about it but one bite in and im in love great recipe!!!!
My kids love sloppy Joe but I don't enjoy eating it over & over, this was a nice change to the same ol food, I actually didn't use frozen corn. I used canned southern corn that had black beans, onions, & peppers in with it. I added a can of garlic tomato diced & I added green onions & sprinkled some cheese.