- 12 ounces Italian pork sausage, remove casings if present
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pkg (13.8 oz each) refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1-1/2 cups (from 24-oz can) Hunt's® Garlic & Herb Pasta Sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
|Serving Size||8 servings (1 slice each)|
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook sausage, onion and bell pepper in large skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until sausage is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Spray 15x10-inch baking sheet with cooking spray. Unroll pizza dough onto baking sheet and press into 14x10-inch rectangle. Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce lengthwise down center of dough to within 1/2 inch of each short edge.
- Spoon meat mixture evenly on top of sauce. Sprinkle cheese evenly over meat mixture. Pull up each long edge over filling and pinch edges together to seal. Pinch short ends together to seal.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until deep golden brown. Heat remaining 1 cup pasta sauce in covered container in microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 minutes or until hot. Cut Pizza Bake into 8 slices. Serve sauce over slices.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat||4 g||22%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||8%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I made this ,and it is wonderful ......very easy .And you can put anything in it you like . I put ground chuck,onions garlic bell peppers , taco seasonings ,and use different kinds of cheeses . Try it ,you'll. love it ....
Very good, easy to make meal. I used fresh onions and peppers instead of frozen, and I used two Pilsbury refrigerated pizza crusts instead of one. Loved by all who ate it, and will definitely make this dish again.
Very good, however, I make my own dough using yeast.
This was so good the kids and hubby loved it. Making it again tonight. Using Isernio's - Premium Italian Chicken Sausage only 480 cal for the whole package.
I just returned from Europe where I ordered and enjoyed my first "Calzone Baked Pizza" in Italy. It was so delightful that I had to look up this recipe and make my own. The one thing that made it so tasty was the use of Blue Cheese with the Italian sausage. It smelled delicious and tasted better. Hope someone tries it.
great recipe. Also try varying ingredients to whats on hand. I used dough I got from my local grocery store bakery, worked out just as yummy. I also like to double meat mixture and freeze half for those rushed last minute dinners. defrost in microwave and continue with recipe.