- 12 ounces frozen Banquet® Popcorn Chicken
- 1 pkg (16 oz each) frozen bell pepper stir-fry vegetables
- 2 cans (8 oz each) pineapple chunks in juice, drained, 1/4 cup juice reserved
- 2/3 cup La Choy® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 2 tablespoons La Choy® Soy Sauce
|Serving Size||6 servings (about 1 cup each)|
- Prepare chicken according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add frozen vegetables and reserved 1/4 cup pineapple juice to skillet.
- Bring mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat, cover and cook 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add pineapple, sweet and sour sauce and soy sauce to skillet; stir to combine. Heat 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened slightly. Add hot chicken to mixture; stir gently.
Serve Pineapple Sweet and Sour Chicken over hot cooked rice, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||5 g||8%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||5%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||17%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
This recipe is AMAZING! My husband asks for it often. Make sure to use LA CHOY sweet and sour sauce. I made it once with a generic random brand, it was nothing compared to eating it with la choy. Who knew brands made such a big difference? I just thought it was a recipe throwing a name brand reference because they sponser it. Boy was I wrong on this one! I now follow exact recipe and add extra la choy sweet and sour cause its amazing. Non breaded chicken tastes good as well!
OMG....So easy and quick....used non breaded chicken chunks, it looks just as good, if not better than take out! Will be using this (my version) recipe often. Think this will be a new fave! Thanks for the tips! So tasty!
i as a mom am not one for cooking anything special for one who's not willing to eat what i cook. My mother,who comes to visit often,is not one for chicken.That was until I made this recipe. Now she looks forward to dinning with us the next time I make it!
Yummy ingredients that even my picky kids will eat. Quick and easy recipe that's simple to prepare. I can even leave this in the hands of my husband to cook for him and kids if I am out for the night and he doesn't cook at all! I'm interested to try it with chunks of grilled chicken instead of the popcorn chicken to make it a little less on the carbs and more cost effective for my family since I usually get chicken on sale and don't buy a lot of frozen food. I also wonder if I could make it with pork or another meat as well to change it up a bit.
Really good and filling. Kids enjoyed it! quick and easy to make. made with sticky white rice. definitely will make again.
My son is a picky eater. My wife doesn't like to cook. This recipe was easy for me (Dad) to make and they really liked it. Will use this often.