- 1 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium red onion, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
|Serving Size||4 servings (3/4 cup each)|
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine all ingredients in large bowl; toss to coat.
- Spread vegetables in single layer in shallow baking pan. Bake 12 minutes or until crisp tender, turning once.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||2%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||6%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Liked it very much but would make it using EVOO. I've also added red, yellow or green peppers for a touch of color and flavor.
to make it 5-star: top with grated Parm/Reggiano. I make another version that adds sliced mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.
I have been making this for years. My version is, thinly sliced zucchini, in heavy based frying pan, seasoned well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then covered with thinly sliced onion and sliced mushrooms. Seasoned well again, then covered with a tight fitting lid and put on the lowest heat for about 30 minutes while I prepare other things. No need for any oil. I sometimes look at it and turn it over with a fish slice. Try it, it is very good.
I make a variation of this in the frying pan adding eggplant to zuke and squash mix, I then add diced tomato and a little tomato sauce, This is excellent over pasta and topped with grated parmesan cheese,
Italian vegetables and using canola oil???? Use Olive oil ONLY
never use cisco canola oil! organic olive oil grape seed oil or coconut oil only!