- 1 can (8 oz each) crushed pineapple in juice, divided
- 1 cup Hunt's® Original Barbecue Sauce, divided
- 1 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 2-1/4 cups instant brown rice, uncooked, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
|Serving Size||4 servings (6 meatballs with sauce and 1 cup rice each)|
- Stir together half the pineapple and 3/4 cup barbecue sauce in small bowl; set aside.
- Mix remaining pineapple, remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, beef, 1/4 cup rice, salt and pepper in large bowl until well blended. Shape mixture into 24 meatballs, about 1-1/4 inches each. Place in large skillet sprayed with cooking spray; spoon sauce mixture over meatballs.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir gently and cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 16 to 18 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through (160°F).
- Meanwhile, prepare remaining 2 cups rice according to package directions, omitting salt and butter and adding bell pepper. Serve meatballs and sauce over rice.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||18 g||27%|
|Saturated fat||6 g||30%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||19%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
The previous reviewer obviously did not read the recipe well. It plainly states how to prepare the meatballs. I have not made this recipe but would not hesitate based on the bad review.
The cooking directions suck. I don't know if I fry the meat balls or boil them. The rest of the direction suck too.