- 1 can (8 oz each) crushed pineapple in juice, divided
- 1 cup Hunt's® Original Barbecue Sauce, divided
- 1 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 2-1/4 cups instant brown rice, uncooked, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
|Serving Size||4 servings (6 meatballs with sauce and 1 cup rice each)|
- Stir together half the pineapple and 3/4 cup barbecue sauce in small bowl; set aside.
- Mix remaining pineapple, remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, beef, 1/4 cup rice, salt and pepper in large bowl until well blended. Shape mixture into 24 meatballs, about 1-1/4 inches each. Place in large skillet sprayed with cooking spray; spoon sauce mixture over meatballs.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir gently and cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 16 to 18 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through (160°F).
- Meanwhile, prepare remaining 2 cups rice according to package directions, omitting salt and butter and adding bell pepper. Serve meatballs and sauce over rice.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||18 g||27%|
|Saturated fat||6 g||30%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||19%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
i have made this dish and it is awesome to taste, not this one i did what most have said add a base, any veggie you like brown meatballs, finish in oven with pineapple bbq sauce for about 40min cook rice in pineapple juice and water and enjoy!
I was so glad this recipe had no onions and garlic. I hate both. The meatballs were so moist and sweetI loved them. I'll make this over and over.
I had precooked meatballs on hand from Sams club and used this recipe as a base, simply cooking them in the barbecue and pineapple... worked great.
This is delicious, based on some of the reviews, cooked meatballs in the oven, added egg and breadcrumbs as well. Even a little brown sugar was added o the Bar- b- q mixture. Meatballs are awesome, added pineapple juice to the water mix for the rice....could not stop eating these meatballs ahead of time....so good.!
I will definitely try this again, however I will use an egg or bread crumbs to hold the meatballs together. They were mushy and had no form. I cooked the rice separately. That worked for me. Overall, my kids loved it.
I will try ..but modify a bit. I will use eggs and bread crumbs in my ground turkey...and then bake. I see where someone else said to drain juice off of pineapples ...so I will also try that. this meal seems like it should be very tasty. couldn't submit without rating it ...and I have not make it yet....will rate again in a few days after I make it.