- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Mexican Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice & Cilantro, drained, liquid reserved
- 3 cups tri-color coleslaw mix
- 1-1/2 pounds tilapia fillets, thawed if frozen
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 12 yellow corn tortillas (6 inch)
|Serving Size||6 servings (2 tacos each)|
- Stir together sour cream and 1/4 cup liquid from tomatoes in small bowl to make sauce; set aside. Stir together tomatoes with remaining liquid and coleslaw mix in medium bowl to make slaw; set aside.
- Sprinkle fish with cumin and salt. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place fish in skillet; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork (145°F).
- Separate fish into 12 pieces. Place 1 piece on each tortilla, top with 1/4 cup slaw and 1 tablespoon sauce. Fold tortillas in half; serve immediately.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||8 g||13%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||13%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||17%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Made these really quickly during my lunch hour and ate way more than I usually do! They were delicious, quick, and easy to make!
I made this tonight because while at the doctors office today they had a similar recipe. I had lots of variations though. I used a coleslaw mix and added just squeezed lime and some olive oil to it. . I used cod , put some cumin and salt on it and dipped in egg and bisquick mix and then pan fried. I squashed an avocado and used it in tacos and it was delish. I think that the way it was presented would be tasty too but just wanted to let you know what I tried and what worked! All of my kids ate it, only one taco was thrown on the floor. (That is a success in my house). To be fair to the dish though, she did eat two and threw the third! We also tried some chipotle ranch dressing (Marie's brand) on my husbands' tacos which he liked. AND served with margaritas. Come to think of it, the doctors recipe was way more healthy!!!
didn't like it. the sauce with the sour cream was good
Great fish tacos! I used regular sour cream and added more sour cream to make the sauce thicker. I dipped the tortillas in hot Canola oil for just a few seconds on each side to make them soft and hot.
Deliciosos the recepes was very helpful
I love Mexican food but when my husband suggested fish tacos I wasn't too sure. We made them together. They were quick, easy and absolutely delicious! The slaw was the perfect added touch!