- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 pkg (1.25 oz each) 30% less sodium taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 24 pieces
- 1-1/2 cups parboiled white long-grain rice, uncooked
|Serving Size||8 servings (1-1/4 cups each)|
- Spray inside of 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place all remaining ingredients, except rice, in slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 7-1/2 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Add rice, stir and cook 30 minutes more or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir again before serving.
For best results in a slow cooker, be sure to use parboiled rice for fluffy, separated rice kernels. Have leftovers? Place extra chicken with rice and beans inside a warm tortilla. Top with cheese and sour cream. Roll tortilla around filling for a new way to enjoy Fiesta Chicken with Rice and Beans.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||3%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||18%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I made this in my slow-cooker and used instant rice instead of parboiled. It came out great, except like others have noted, that chicken came out very dry. This was EXTREMELY easy and economical to make - and my kids loved it! Will definitely do again!
What a great way to use up leftover ckn. I add ckn last because it's already cooked. I make quesadillas. 1 large tortilla. On 1/2 place refried beans-they work like a glue to hold everything together-then ckn mix-top that with cheese of choice & fold over. I then put this on an aluminum sheet & wrap them individually & freeze. These are great for lunch or dinner. Take pkg out of freezer & place in a flat pan & bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes.
Very Good and nutritious.I didn't use the taco seasoning, I used my own seasoning to taste, and it came out perfect for me. Quick and easy to prepare.
cooked for 7 hours then added rice for a half hour, good flavor in the rice but the chicken comes out SUPER dry. This is a great recipe if you are going to use in a tortilla (And I would recomend cooking the chicken on the stove)
I did not cook mine in slow cooker. Cut the chicken in small pieces (stir-fry cut). I put small amount of oil in a pot. Browned the chicken. Add all the remaining ingredients(2 cans diced tomatoes,a can of tomato sauce, corn, and beans). I added maybe 3/4 cups of water on it and of course my homemade taco seasoning. Simmered for only 30 minutes.I cooked the rice seperately.... It's so easy to make and it was delicious!!!! I will definitely make this again! Thank you
Who knew such flavor could come from a crock pot! YUM...if you dont like spicy, consider mild Rotel, this dish defiinitely has zing! The only change I made was that I added whole boneless skinless chicken breast so they didn't get mushy. DEEELISH!!!