- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 teaspoon Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 1-3/4 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 6 small red-skinned potatoes, cut in quarters
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce-No Salt Added
- 1 jar (12 oz each) beef gravy
- 1 envelope (1 oz each) dry onion soup mix
|Serving Size||6 servings (3 oz meat with vegetables and sauce each)|
- Spray inside of 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown roast in oil, about 5 minutes, turning once. Layer carrots, then potatoes in bottom of slow cooker. Pour tomato sauce and gravy over potatoes; sprinkle with soup mix. Place roast on top.
- Cover; cook on LOW 9 to 10 hours or until roast is tender.
- Remove roast to cutting board. With slotted spoon, remove vegetables and place in serving bowl. Cut roast. Serve meat and vegetables with sauce.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||11 g||17%|
|Saturated fat||4 g||20%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||19%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Boneless short ribs will give you a nicer result than chuck roast.
Oh and fresh red onions and fresh bell peppers. Nothing canned or dried in my recipe... makes a huge difference! Vegetable stock instead of the powdered soup mix. Just a little seasoned salt and a mixed ground pepper blend to taste.
Substitute a filet roast, then add celery, garlic, golden potatoes, parsley, portobellos, tomatoes, red wine, bay leaves and rosemary to really kick it up a notch! The existing ingredients aren't quite sufficient for me... Try my version. It'll blow your mind... lol and your taste buds.
I made this 2 nights ago and it was wonderful. very good thanks for the recipe
Pot roast for grown ups. No tomatoes or beef gravy. 1 cup each red wine, chicken broth & water. Also, 2 bay leaves, 2 whole garlic cloves & 1 T fresh chopped rosemary. Not too salty from soup mix, just right. No rush to cook after walking in the door. Perfect with soft music, glass of wine & the one you love.
this was very good, so good my daughter requested it again..tiwce in one week!