- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz each) lower sodium beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces frozen cooked meatballs
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, beans and corn)
- 1/3 cup dry orzo or other small shaped pasta, uncooked
|Serving Size||4 servings (1-1/2 cups each)|
- Combine undrained tomatoes, broth, water and Italian seasoning in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in meatballs, vegetables and orzo. Return to a boil; cover. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||14 g||21%|
|Saturated fat||5 g||27%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||21%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I've made this soup many times, and I'm thinking of bringing it to an upcoming "soup potluck". It's fun and easy to make and tastes great, especially with grated Parmesan or Asiago on top. I halve or quarter the meatballs to make them easier to eat. Other than that, I make it as written and we enjoy it.
Prep & Total times are a tease and ruse. In a REAL home we have to make our meatballs from scratch, thawing the ground beef and or sausage, add parmesan, egg, spices, whatever a separate recipe calls for, then cook those. We thaw our frozen tomatoes, use bullion cubes. We combine our own spices, cut fresh veggies or have them in the freezer, more thawing. And there needs to be (fresh cut) onion and/or garlic somewhere. It will take a good 60-90 min. at least til table. That's HEALTHIER; but you say yours is "faster, smarter". It's an option to build from, revising for our "lifestyle", so thank you for that. My husband sent me the link to this site, saying, "I like this site". Guess he's tired of leftovers.
I typically have all the ingredients on hand and use this recipe several times a year. It is simple and can be fixed in such a short time. If you add RoTel tomatoes, you can make it spicy!
A great simple soup for after that day outdoors in the cold! .. Serve with some good crusty bread and enjoy!
THIS is by far the best soup I've tasted. it is very hearty and well worth cooking. Starting to become my favorite meal! Thank you!
this soup was soooo simple and simply delicious. it will be a weapon in my aresenal for sure