- 8 ounces dry multigrain penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 breasts = 1 lb)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
|Serving Size||4 servings (1 breast with sauce and pasta each)|
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and pepper; cook chicken 5 to 7 minutes or until browned, turning once. Remove from skillet; set aside. Add onion to skillet; cook 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat or until crisp-tender.
- Add undrained tomatoes and vinegar to skillet; bring to a simmer. Return chicken to skillet; cook 10 to 12 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink in centers (165°F).
- Serve chicken and sauce with pasta. If desired, slice each chicken breast before placing on pasta.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||12 g||19%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||7%|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||25%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I used a lot less vinegar and I added a pinch of sugar and used onions shallots deglazed in wine instead of the onion and a little bit more of herbs to amp up the flavor. Also, I used linguini and shrimp instead of the chicken. The idea is good, though.
I was hopeful for this recipe but unsure since I'm not a huge fan of balsalmic vinegar. I ended up doubling the tomatoes, onions and vinegar though to make enough sauce. Otherwise I don't think it would have had quite enough sauce. That being said, I thought the vinegar taste really cooked out and this dish was delicious!! I usually cook for two and take leftovers to work for lunch and am really looking forward to this being in my lunch box tomorrow
Doubled the recipe. Tasted too much balsamic vinegar. Anyone have that issue?
I wasn't sure how this would turn out but I knew it had potential. I made this for my husband and he LOVED it. The only thing I did different was I bought a mozzarella ball and sliced it into medallions as a garnish/topping. Hubby loved it so much he wanted me to make it not even a week later! Very easy to make, simple ingredients, and it tasted good :)
delicious !! and most importantly it is so easy make.
This was a delicious, quick & easy meal. What more could you ask for?