- 8 ounces dry multigrain penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 breasts = 1 lb)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
|Serving Size||4 servings (1 breast with sauce and pasta each)|
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and pepper; cook chicken 5 to 7 minutes or until browned, turning once. Remove from skillet; set aside. Add onion to skillet; cook 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat or until crisp-tender.
- Add undrained tomatoes and vinegar to skillet; bring to a simmer. Return chicken to skillet; cook 10 to 12 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink in centers (165°F).
- Serve chicken and sauce with pasta. If desired, slice each chicken breast before placing on pasta.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||12 g||19%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||7%|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||25%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I used only 1/3 cup balsamic and it worked well. I added fresh cut mushrooms and I added liberal garlic to the chicken breasts and the simmer sauce. It ended up being too sweet for my taste so I added about 3 TBS of olive oil and fresh cracked pepper and mixed it through and it was delish.
Was a hit didn't have to change a thing just following the recipe too .If you don't simmer the balsamic vinegar ( white) and tomatoes like it tells you then it would have a strong taste of it . But turned out great will have it again .!
We love this recipe! I've made it several times. We put it on noodles or over potatoes and it comes out great. I've definitely added this one to our recipe book.
Simple recipe. The one change I would make is cut back on the amount of vinegar. I added some heavy cream to cut down the vinegar taste.
I fixed this for someone who hates chicken and they raved about it. I love it too.
We love this recipe is easy, simple and delicious .