- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Roasted Garlic, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 2 cans (16 oz each) Rosarita® Traditional Refried Beans, heated
|Serving Size||6 servings|
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell peppers; cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until no longer pink in centers, stirring several times.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Serve chicken mixture over rice with refried beans.
To increase spiciness of chicken mixture, add 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes with the black pepper.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||15%|
|Dietary fiber||11 g||42%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I tried this recipe for my friend and I.We were very short on time and wanted something fast and that was delicious. we had most of the ingredients at home so we decided on this recipe. She loved it and so did I. very very easy.It is now a favorite and I am planning on doing it for my family. You must try :)
I loved how this dish incorporated chicken, rice and beans. Although as a Latina, I cook these ingredients often, the cans of diced tomatoes with roasted garlic and reheated beans gave this dish a distinct taste. My family loved this and it is now a family favorite! Even better you can double the recipe, freeze it and reheat it later on during the week!
We loved it..Iused cheddar and broc. rice mixed with one cup of white rice. and instead of the canned tomatos i used fresh with my own spices that matched the recipe.my husband is hispanic and i struggle with meals to cook with all my kids. They loved it!!!!