- 1 pound lean ground beef (93% lean)
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (14 oz each) beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
|Serving Size||6 servings (1-1/3 cups each)|
- Place beef, onion, salt and garlic powder in deep 12-inch skillet; cook over medium-high heat until beef is crumbled and no longer pink. Add all remaining ingredients to skillet. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 10 minutes or until rice is tender and mixture is of desired consistency.
A large saucepan or Dutch oven may be substituted for the deep skillet.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||5 g||8%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||9%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||20%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I used a can of rotel gave it a nice little kick. Plus the kids ate it!!
After reading the reviews I decided to use garlic & onion diced tomatoes, and I added ground pepper to the beef with the garlic powder. It was still a little plain but definitely had flavor! I froze mine in small portions for on the go lunches. And it reheated well.
its was good a bit bland tho.we added a little bit of taco seasoning and it was amazing.
Quick and simple dish! I added Worcestershire sauce and used half ground beef and half ground turkey. Husband enjoyed it and its a meal that is filling and can last a while if you up the amount of rice and veggies!
Great dinner! I did add Italian seasoning in addition to the other seasonings because I felt it was a little bland. However this is one of those meals where you can add different kinds of spices to get different tastes. I loved how much food this made because we had plenty for leftovers!
I too agree with another review. This dish lacks flavor...very bland meal. My husband was nice to say he liked it, but later admitted it was not that great!! Not planning on a repeat of this one !!