- 1 pound lean ground beef (93% lean)
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (14 oz each) beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
|Serving Size||6 servings (1-1/3 cups each)|
- Place beef, onion, salt and garlic powder in deep 12-inch skillet; cook over medium-high heat until beef is crumbled and no longer pink. Add all remaining ingredients to skillet. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 10 minutes or until rice is tender and mixture is of desired consistency.
A large saucepan or Dutch oven may be substituted for the deep skillet.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||5 g||8%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||9%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||20%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
i like this dish alone it's very bland as u all know. I cooked the meat with onions and freeze dried garlic. Then I added to taste celery salt, cumin, chili pepper, ground oregano and freeze dried Italian season. My kids are older and like this meal too.
I used a can of rotel gave it a nice little kick. Plus the kids ate it!!
After reading the reviews I decided to use garlic & onion diced tomatoes, and I added ground pepper to the beef with the garlic powder. It was still a little plain but definitely had flavor! I froze mine in small portions for on the go lunches. And it reheated well.
its was good a bit bland tho.we added a little bit of taco seasoning and it was amazing.
Quick and simple dish! I added Worcestershire sauce and used half ground beef and half ground turkey. Husband enjoyed it and its a meal that is filling and can last a while if you up the amount of rice and veggies!
Great dinner! I did add Italian seasoning in addition to the other seasonings because I felt it was a little bland. However this is one of those meals where you can add different kinds of spices to get different tastes. I loved how much food this made because we had plenty for leftovers!