- 1 pound lean ground beef (93% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups lower sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
|Serving Size||6 servings (1-1/3 cups each)|
- Cook beef with salt and garlic powder in deep 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until crumbled and no longer pink. Add all remaining ingredients to skillet. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 5 minutes or until rice is tender and mixture is of desired consistency.
A large saucepan or Dutch oven may be substituted for the deep skillet.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||5 g||8%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||8%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||19%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Made this because it sounded good, but it was horrible - will not be making again.
The second I read this I knew the flavor would lack flavor primarily because of spices. A few simple things I did and the dish came out FAB! Before cooking the beef, season it with a tablespoon of garlic powder, 2 tsp of salt and some minced onion if you have it (work the spices in with your hands into the meet). Chop a medium onion up very small and brown the beef with the onion. Once browned, add your ingredients (I did two cups of rice) and another tablespoon of garlic powder and a tablespoon of CHILI powder! Add some cornstarch or flour to thicken it if you would like. Oh and I also used beef bouillon cubes (2 of them and 2 cups of hot water).
I added the cheese and cream of mushroom recommended by other reviewers. It turned out pretty tasty.
This recipe lacked flavor! I would like to make it again with lots of extra seasoning!
I also added some low fat/low sodium cream of mushroom soup for a variation.
Didn't see lower sodium beef broth at the store so I used unsalted. Wished I had just gone for the regular beef broth because it lacked flavor. Rice didn't soften easily either. I would probably cook the rice seperately next time. Topped with cheddar cheese for completion!!!