- 1 pound lean ground beef (93% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups lower sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
|Serving Size||6 servings (1-1/3 cups each)|
- Cook beef with salt and garlic powder in deep 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until crumbled and no longer pink. Add all remaining ingredients to skillet. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 5 minutes or until rice is tender and mixture is of desired consistency.
A large saucepan or Dutch oven may be substituted for the deep skillet.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||5 g||8%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||8%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||19%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
This recipe lacked flavor! I would like to make it again with lots of extra seasoning!
I also added some low fat/low sodium cream of mushroom soup for a variation.
Didn't see lower sodium beef broth at the store so I used unsalted. Wished I had just gone for the regular beef broth because it lacked flavor. Rice didn't soften easily either. I would probably cook the rice seperately next time. Topped with cheddar cheese for completion!!!
looks easy. easy to take for lunch and reheat too.
Loved the recipe. Can't wait to make it again for my fam.
My whole family loves this one and the leftovers reheat very well! Yummy, healthy, and easy. What more could you ask for.