- 8 English muffins
- 1/2 pound Italian pork sausage (mild or hot), remove casings if present
- 1 can (15 oz each) Van Camp's® Pork and Beans
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained well
- 16 thin slices Pepper Jack cheese
|Serving Size||8 servings (2 mini pizzas each)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Split English muffins in half. Place on baking sheet; bake 10 to 12 minutes or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain. Pour extra sauce off top of pork and beans in can; discard. Add beans and drained tomatoes to skillet. Cook 2 minutes or until hot.
- Spoon 1/4 cup bean mixture onto each muffin half. Top each with 1 slice cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||20 g||30%|
|Saturated fat||10 g||49%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||20%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Let me start by saying I don't cook at all. I wanted to surprise my wife for Valentine's day so I tried this - she loved it. I forgot my list when I went to the store so I didn't get the english muffins. I used a wheat pizza crust that we had at home and cut it into heart shapes (Valentine's day surprise dinner). I used pepper jack cheese on mine and muenster on my wife's. She loved it and said I can cook for her any time. What did I get myself into?
Made this for the kids i babysit they absolutely loved it!!! Will make this again soon and may do it a little different since the kids like all different kinds of things. I would deffinately recommend this to anyone with kids :)
I thought twice about making this recipe because I'm not a big fan of pork and beans. I don't like my beans sweet, however, the sausage balanced the sweetness out nicely. They were a breeze to prepare once I had the tomatoes, beans, and sausage mixed. The pepper Jack cheese was great, it added the right amount of spiciness for me. Next time I would like to add a vegetable, maybe some corn or green peppers. The kids were split, my younger said they were yummy, my elder said they were too spicy.
My sons are so picky and won't eat hardly anything but I made this for them and they loved it. So easy to make and it's good for them
This was very good, the kids really enjoyed them.
My picky 2 year old loved this!! Going to try them again soon!