- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 breasts = 1 lb)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
|Serving Size||4 servings (1 breast with about 1/4 cup sauce each)|
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning. Add to skillet and cook 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink in centers (165°F), turning once.
- Stir together all remaining ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Gradually add to chicken in skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring constantly.
If dried Italian seasoning is not available, use 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano + 1/4 teaspoon dried basil + 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme. Serve chicken and sauce with hot cooked rice. Jasamine rice would be particularly good.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||9 g||15%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||7%|
|Dietary fiber||0 g||1%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Not one for sweet entrees, this one was delish! Saut?some zucchini, mushrooms and snow peas with some ginger for a side and served it all over rice. Will have this one again :)
This was delicious. We ate it up.
Cooked this for my family tonight. Every one thought it was terific.Thanks for making me look good. The recipe was very very easy to fix. Exstreamly delicious thanks again.
This recipe is amazing! My whole family loved it and my two pickiest eater asked for it again after only two bites. :) Definitely worth a try if you are a little unsure. Delicious. We will be eating this again!!
I actually didn't want to make this recipe, only reason I did is because I actually had all the ingredients to do so. This turned out so well, my son whom does not each much - had two servings of it! He loved it! My man loved it! My daughter actually ate everything off her plate and she usually leaves at least something behind! I actually like it also, even though I can't stand apricots. The flavors all blended together nicely. I made this on Wednesday 12/5/2012 and wrote it down in my notebook of recipes to do again! I had it with rice pilaf and steamed kale.
I made this recipe and it was delicious, my kids loved so much. I had no apricot preserves so instead I use peach in light syrup. I put the peach in the food processor and use it well. I also added a pinch of salt to each breast.