DON’T WAIT IN LINE FOR A CHICK’N SANDWICH 😉WHEN IT’S EASY TO MAKE AT HOME!
A few of our favorite friends created three simple yet oh so tasty recipes for an epic Fried Chick’n Sandwich! The best part? No meat or waiting in line. Turn up the 🔥 on any of these plant-based sandwiches by adding more hot sauce! 🌱💪
Check out www.gardein.com for more recipe inspiration or to see all Gardein’s offerings, from meatless beef to chicken to pork, fishless fish and more.
THE CLASSIC CHICK'N SANDWICH
@Thee_Burger_Dude absolutely nailed it with this mouth-watering sandwich. To recreate, you’ll need some Gardein® Chick’n Scallopini filets, flour, Cajun seasoning, plant-based milk, apple cider vinegar, vegan mayo and a vegan brioche bun – or any style bun you’d like! Seriously, go crazy.
- Thaw 8 Gardein® Chick’n Scallopini filets (this is for four BIG sandwiches or eight small ones, if you decide to not press two filets together).
- Heat up oil for deep frying to 350-375 Degrees.
- While oil is heating, prep your dredge station. For the dry, fill a bowl with 1 cup flour plus store-bought Cajun seasoning to taste (about 2 Tbsp). Or, you can make your own using a mix of the following spices: salt, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, sugar, basil, cayenne, chili flakes, oregano, thyme, ground mustard seed, white pepper, allspice and hickory smoke flavor.
- For the liquid ingredients, use 1 cup of plant-milk and a Tbsp of apple cider vinegar. Let that sit for a bit so it curdles then add hot sauce of choice to taste (we used about 1/4 cup).
- Once the oil is up to 350-375 degrees, press two filets together (unless you want to make smaller sandwiches – perfect for parties, BTW) and dredge in liquid ingredients, then dry and repeat to double dredge. Carefully add the double filet to oil and let it fry for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the fried chick’n rest on a plate with towels If you have a cooling rack, place it on top of a cookie sheet with paper towels under the rack for easy clean-up.
- For the sauce, simply make a mayo-based sauce using vegan mayo (approximately 1/2 a cup of mayo, a Tbsp of vinegar and some more Cajun seasoning will do the trick)!
- If you can get a vegan brioche bun – use those – otherwise, use any bun of your choice. The bigger, the better. Slather plenty of sauce on both buns then add some dill pickle slices and your chick’n filets.
- ENJOY! This extraordinary sandwich will be your new favorite after bite one.
NASHVILLE HOT CHICK’N SANDWICH
Take chick’n tenders to the next level with this outrageously delicious Nashville Hot Chick’n sandwich by @flowerchildyogini. Simply follow the instructions for cooking Gardein® Nashville Hot Chick’n Tenders then compile the rest of the ingredients below. You won’t believe your taste buds.
- Gardein® Nashville Hot Chick’n tenders (found in the frozen aisle).
- Any vegan slider buns of your choice.
- Bread and butter pickles.
- Vegan coleslaw.
- Sweet heat sauce or a spicy maple syrup of your choice!
BAGEL FRIED CHICK’N BREAKFAST SANDWICH
Who said you can’t have fried chick’n for breakfast? Kick off your day with this super easy and tasty bagel and fried chick’n sandwich by @katylnsveganlife. Just cook, cut and assemble your way to bagel heaven.
- First, you’ll need a vegan bagel or another variety if you’re not going completely vegan.
- Prepare fried Gardein® Nashville Hot Chick’n Tenders, per instructions.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes and vegan mayo – or any other toppings of your choice.