When we hear “go big or go home,” we always go big, and we always make sure you can make it at home. That’s why we’re bringing you this absolutely epic, mind-boggling, taste-bud-bending Nacho Burger, featuring the new Gardein Ultimate Plant-Based Burger. Enjoy it this Veggie Burger Day (6/5), on a Meatless Monday or any day of the week! In a world full of imposters and half-baked hackers, it’s plant-based perfection, and it’s almost too good to share. Though it’s made from pea protein, it looks, cooks and smells like real meat for a satisfying burger experience with no sacrifices. It’s also a good source of protein, with 19 grams per serving.
But back to that Nacho Burger – personally, we’d guac to the end of the world just for a bite.
- ¼ cup cashews
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3/4-1 cup plant milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
Optional Cheese Sauce Additions
- 1 can Ro-Tel roasted tomatoes (makes queso chunky!)
- 1-2 tbsp chipotle in adobo (adds spice and smokiness!)
- 2-3 tbsp pickled jalapeno brine (adds zip and spice!)
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice (adds a little more zip!)
- 1 Gardein Ultimate Burger Patty
- 1 burger bun
- Tortilla chips
- Pickled jalapeños
- Add the cashews to a sturdy bowl then cover them in boiling water. Let them soak for 15 minutes.
- Chop up and add the carrot to a pot of boiling water, cook until soft.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Add more milk if you want it to be thinner.
- If you want to heat your sauce, it will thicken! Simmer on low in a medium-sized frying pan for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The optional cheese additions will add another level to your cheese sauce. You don’t have to add all of them, but if you have any handy – go ahead and experiment. Have fun with it!
- Cook according to instructions on packet.
- Assemble on bun in order: guacamole, burger, chips, jalapenos, sauce.
You can find the new Gardein burger in the frozen section of your local grocery and at online retailers.