Forget the table for two and a dewy-eyed romantic dinner. This year, Valentine's Day is all about celebrating you and your girlfriends. The ones who are there through thick and thin, through breakups and breakdowns, laughing, crying, and talking with you every step of the way. Let your friends know just how much they mean to you with a Galentine's Day celebration for the ages, and some great recipes to boot. Food, friendship, and fun? Count us in!
Game night faves
When was the last time you broke out the Scrabble or played a game of Cards Against Humanity? If you can't remember, this one's for you! Game night is easy to throw together and a great way for you and your friends to let loose and have fun. Enjoy yourself and indulge in some sticky, gooey, and just plain messy snacks. No one's judging you here! We've gathered up a few of our game night go-to’s:
- Spicy Peanut Butter Brittle is just like your grandma used to make with a little extra kick. The recipe mixes decadent Peter Pan® 100% Natural Creamy Peanut Butter with dry roasted peanuts, Vietnamese cinnamon, and a healthy dose of Cayenne pepper. With the boys banished from this party, you don't have to worry about this tasty treat getting stuck in your teeth.
- Every game night needs a good dip, and this one's easy to whip up in a hurry. All the staples of your favorite cheeseburger are served up in one cheddar-y dip. Skip the bun and serve up our famous Cheeseburger Dip with crispy Glutino Original Crackers.
Brunch with the girls
Brunch is the perfect opportunity to catch up on the latest gossip and participate in some socially acceptable day drinking. Leave the kids with the hubby and enjoy some time with the girls. Whether you are looking for something savory or sweet, we've got everything you need.
- Double down on carbs while you ditch the dairy. These delicious Fluffy Vegan Cinnamon Rolls with Dairy-Free Icing use Earth Balance instead of the heavy dairy-filled stuff and take only 30 minutes to bake!
- Prefer your Bloody Mary in a dish instead of a glass? With the Spicy 'bloody Mary' Baked Eggs, you can add all your favorite garnishes, for a savory and filling treat. Add an extra dose of Frontera® All-Natural Red Chile Hot Sauce if you're looking to really spice things up.
Snuggle up for a movie marathon
Because what says girl's night like a late-night pajama party? On Galentine's day, you don't have to watch another action movie or the latest Bruce Willis film (unless you want to). Today's the day for Pretty Woman, Legally Blonde, and all the charming chick flicks you want. For snacks, it's all about the easy-to-munch finger foods:
- It's hard to beat classic pigs in a blanket. Try our Gluten-Free Pigs in a Blanket for a snack that will make everyone happy. Want to spice things up? Serve these munchies with Gulden's Spicy Brown Mustard.
- This one's almost too cute to eat. The Valentine Popcorn Mix (ahem, Galentine Popcorn Mix) uses premier white chocolate morsels and dried cranberries to give this classic finger food a festive spin. The mix is easy to make and even easier to munch on.
- Looking for a quick way to indulge? Duncan Hines® Caramel Brownie Mug Cakes are easy to make and ready in minutes. Top your mug with the Reddi-wip Real Dairy Whipped Topping for a decadent chocolate treat.
Whichever way you choose to celebrate, Galentine's Day is all about celebrating the girls. You don't have to impress anyone or spend all day slaving away in the kitchen. Stock your pantry with ready-to-eat snacks and throw together a few simple dishes for a fun and stress-free night with your favorite ladies.