There’s never been a better time to bake up something sweet. It’s a welcome escape from reality - a sweet boredom buster, stress releaser and tasty treat to yourself! And it’s a great way to celebrate any occasion, big or small. So, whether you’re stuck at home with a few ingredients or simply looking for a kid-friendly recipe they can help with, we’ve got you covered.
Here are four simple box cake mix recipes fit for almost any kitchen, and a few baking hacks to go along with them! Enjoy!
Pancakes very well might be the original cake and what’s more, is that they’re definitely the easiest to make. But the best part is, they’re not just for breakfast anymore! After all, who wouldn’t enjoy a little breakfast for dinner?
Double the chocolate, double the fun! These decadent delights are the stuff dreams are made of. They’re fluffy soft and ridiculously easy to make. So…what are you waiting for?!
A can of black beans and a brownie mix is all you need for this tasty concoction! Pro-tip: You don’t have tell the kids that there are beans in the brownies – they taste so good, chances are the little ones won’t even notice.
We’d be lying if we said pumpkin spice ever goes out of season. This fantastic fall staple is making its first spring debut and we couldn’t be more excited that it’s in cake form.
This berry special cake is everything you’ve ever wanted- and more! It’s sweet, refreshing and after just a few bites, it may just become a classic in your kitchen. Spring into your favorite fruity flavors and whip one up today.
If you’re looking for a cake that pops, look no further. With nothing more than a box of Duncan Hines and a can of classic cola, you can create a moist masterpiece that won’t last long because once it’s out of the oven, it’s sure to be devoured.
- Add an egg! An extra egg adds fat to your cakes batter, making for a moister, richer, and tenderer cake. If you don’t have any eggs on hand, use a quarter-cup of applesauce to replace each egg.
- Choose butter over oil. If you don’t mind using butter, melt some down in place of your oil as a 1-1 substitute. Flavor-boost = achieved.
- Add Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa to the mix. If you want to make hearts extra warm (and stomachs extra happy) give your cake a taste of hot chocolate by adding one packet of Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa to the batter.
- If you have it, opt for milk over water. Our amazing cake mixes usually call for water, but if you have milk to spare- try substituting it! The results might just blow your taste buds away.
- If you’re making chocolate cake or brownies and you don’t have any milk, opt for warm water. Using hot water in your batter helps the cocoa “bloom,” which is just fancy baker-speak for making chocolate taste even chocolatier.
- Go nuts. If you have peanuts, walnuts, pistachios – anything – on hand, throw ‘em into the batter! A little extra crunch goes a long way, especially when we’re talkin’ brownies.
- If you don’t feel like going nuts, you can always go crazy. Cinnamon power in the pumpkin cake? Why not. Blueberries in the pancakes? Please! Chocolate frosting on your black bean brownies?! Let’s do this. There’s no reason to limit your creativity in the kitchen, so use what you have and use it well!