- 1 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 2 cups quartered lengthwise, sliced zucchini (2 cups = 1-1/2 med)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
|Serving Size||6 servings (1-1/3 cups each)|
- Cook beef, zucchini, onion and salt in large skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain. Add undrained tomatoes and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Add rice; stir well. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||13 g||20%|
|Saturated fat||6 g||30%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||8%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Easy to make, tasty. I substituted brown rice for the white. My family liked it a lot and I really liked that it gets made in one pan!
One of our very favorites. All 5 of us love it. The only change I made was to cook regular brown rice for one hour and add it to the cooked dish. Absolutely delicious.
This was so good and super easy!
So easy to make and the family loved it!
I am a full-time Nursing student and part time worker. I also have a 3 year old who is pretty picky. I LOVED the taste of this dish! It was so simple to make, and the flavor was very good. Also didn't make a lot of dishes, which is always a plus. I used brown rice as a substitute (minute rice makes a brown rice now) and added a container of mushrooms. It was super yummy, and I will make it again!
I have this reciepe in an old cookbook of mine. It calls for sausage, instead of hamburger. Sweet basil adds good flavor. My kids love it!