- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Sweet Onion, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Gulden's® Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped zucchini
- 1 cup finely chopped white button mushrooms
- 1 carton (16 oz each) Egg Beaters® Original
- 2 green onions, chopped
|Serving Size||4 servings (1 wedge each)|
- Combine undrained tomatoes, mustard and honey in medium saucepan. Place over medium-high heat; cook 10 minutes or until thickened and most of juice has cooked away, stirring several times.
- Spray shallow 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and mushrooms; cook 5 minutes or until starting to brown on edges, stirring several times. Reduce heat to medium-low; pour Egg Beaters over vegetables. Cover skillet. After 6 minutes, lift edge of frittata with spatula and tilt skillet to allow Egg Beaters to flow underneath several times. Cover; continue cooking 4 minutes or until set.
- Stir green onions into tomato sauce. Cut frittata into 4 wedges. Top each wedge with tomato sauce.
By covering the skillet after adding the Egg Beaters, one can save energy and eliminate the need to finish the frittata under the broiler. Use a piece of foil as a cover if the skillet has no lid.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||1 g||1%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||1%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||8%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Love this for one of our meatless dinners, plus in summer it's a perfect way to use some of that garden zucchini, or the ones from friends or family gardens!You can substitute ingredients, like I use real eggs sometimes, also the mushrooms can be other kinds, or use tomato or another vegetable you like...served with or without the sauce it's a nice meal anytime of the year
Great way to work in vegetables.
Great for using up all those zucchini! Good too with fresh garden Tomatoes.
We usually have a frittata as one of our meatless meals every week, and zukes and mushrooms are our two favorite veggies. So this was nice, and made a good cold lunch the next day.
This receipe is really flexable as I made it without a lot of the things listed in the ingredients and with a lot of substitutions! Didn't think I'd like the mustard in an egg dish, but I tried it and it was really good--flavor w/o a lot of spice. Also, didn't have but 1 medium zucchini, so I filled in with 1 yellow crook neck squash, and used some left over asparagus and mushrooms from the night before (to replace the button mushrooms which I didn't have either). Since I only had a yellow onion, I cooked it with the squash and pulled out some to add back into sauce. It was very good!
This recipe is very versatile. You can add meat, take out one vegetable, substitute another. But this is a great way for your kids to eat healthy zucchini without even tasting it