- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1-1/2 cups quartered lengthwise, sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup instant white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
|Serving Size||4 servings (1-1/4 cups each)|
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, undrained tomatoes and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Add rice; stir well. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||9 g||14%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||17%|
|Dietary fiber||7 g||27%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I tried this recipe only 'hoping' everyone would like it. I even made a back up meal just in case. The entire pan was gone in no time, and now I've made it 3 times this week! Its great stuff, even better as leftovers, warmed up on the skillet, so it get kind of crispy!
I make this all the time-it is yummy! I add lite smoked Hillshire sausage.
This was really easy and really good. I did use brown wild rice and increased the water to 2 cups and simmered for 30 minutes. I also added a red pepper, used baby zucchinis, squeezed half a lemon into the mixture, and had sliced avocado on the side. Will definitely do this again!
So enjoyed. Tasty and easy to make. I did add a small onion with the zucchine to start. Then used regular rice and 2 cups of water and once rice added I simmered for 30 minutes. Added a can of corn also but almost any vegetable could be added to preference. Left overs can be used in a wrap or perhaps as a cold salad.
I used organic wild rice, and an excellent olive oil. (canola is just not that good for you). Organic cheese and beans work well too.
Awesome! I did add corn. it came out great.