- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pkg (12 oz each) Hebrew National® Beef Franks
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz each) sauerkraut, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 2 tablespoons Gulden's® Spicy Brown Mustard
- 7 hot dog rolls, toasted
|Serving Size||7 servings (1 sandwich each)|
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Combine franks and sauerkraut in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until franks are lightly browned and hot, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, stir together dressing and mustard in small bowl. Spread mixture on both sides of each roll.
- Place franks in rolls and top with sauerkraut. Serve immediately.
For less tangy sauerkraut, add a little brown sugar or shredded apple to the sauerkraut before cooking.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||20 g||31%|
|Saturated fat||7 g||35%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||10%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I like to boil the hot dogs then split with a knife and finish in the toaster oven until brown. I toast the buns on top of the hot dogs when they are about done. This would be good with swiss cheese - maybe try some thousand island. I don't rinse the kraut since I like the sour taste.
I've been eating Hebrew National products for over 50 years. There is nothing better than a HN hot dog, with spicy deli mustard and cold kraut, on a summer's day. The second best is homemade chili and onions, on a HN hot dog. Oh yes, kraut is optional. It really doesn't get any better than this, unless you also have an ice cold cream soda with either of the aforementioned. :)
The perfect Hot Dog! Yup, the only thing missing would be to find Rye bread hot dog rolls, then you could make them with swiss cheese melted in the rye hot dog rolls. Now that would be a thing of beauty!
Easy to make for a quick dinner
We love kraut and spicy mustard, and Hebrew National is our favorite brand of hot dog. Great combo!
As one who keeps kosher, I would recommend the Tuffuti parave cheese as a substitute. They make a white soy cheese that would work well on your Reuben.