This is the best I have ever had, and without all the fuss of rolling cabbage leaves! A couple things I wanted to note, I did follow the recipe except for a few changes only because I knew there were a few key ing. missing.
1. Add cinn. when adding the pepper and tomotoes and let simmer together. Probably about 1/2 tsp, or more depending on taste. Believe me, it will not be overpowering and will bring out the flavors and is so good.
2. I added juice of 1 whole medium lemon as well. Add it to the sauce when ready simmer for 10 min.
3. 1-2 tsp of dried mint, believe me, it is so delish and adds a another layer of deliciousness!
4. oh and sub white sugar and use about 1 TB of brown sugar instead.
5. when doing the rice, don't use broth. Use 1 cup uncooked rice to 3 cups plain water. bring to a boil, stir, then add the cut up cabbage on top. Cover and cook 20-22 minutes and it will be PERFECTLY done.
6. Last but not least, I added a splash or two of worchestire, probably 1 TB.