- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, Southern style
- 1 cup frozen bell pepper and onion strips (from 16-oz pkg)
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots (from 10-oz pkg)
- 1/2 pound frozen tilapia fillets
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce-No Salt Added
- 1 can (14 oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
|Serving Size||4 servings (1-3/4 cups each)|
- Spray large nonstick saucepan or Dutch oven with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add potatoes, pepper blend and carrots. Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add FROZEN fish and all remaining ingredients. Increase heat to medium-high and bring mixture to a boil. Cover and simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork (145°F). Break fish up with fork.
If fish is fresh or thawed, add to chowder AFTER mixture comes to a boil in step 2. If frozen fillets are large, thaw briefly in microwave before adding.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||2%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||20%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
very good not a fishy taste
Very good soup! I added lots of pesto, corn, and used poblano peppers and onions from the freezer. (I didn't have the frozen bell pepper and onion strips on hand.) I also added sliced garlic which I had previously sauteed. I used the hash browns but may use fresh potatoes next time.
Very good! My husband liked it very much! Not too salty.
i just made this soup and am about to burn my mouth trying to eat it is sooooo good i cant wait for it to cool down!! sooo recomend you just try....note ... i did use red snapper that i already had in the freezer and i added a lot more chicken broth cuz we like juice in our soup...also used 6 pieces of fish....super good:)
Very delicious! Will be preparing this again and again!
It is the best chowder I ever eat. My son who is a very picky eater devoured all in a jiffy. On a cold winter night this is the best !!!!