- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 3/4 cup (1/2 of 15-oz can) undrained Ranch Style® Beans
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
|Serving Size||2 servings (1 breast and 1-1/4 cups rice each)|
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with pepper seasoning.
- Cook chicken 4 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet. Add rice to skillet; cook 2 minutes or until rice begins to brown. Add undrained tomatoes, beans and water.
- Place chicken on top of rice. Cover and simmer over medium heat 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Sprinkle with green onions.
For a milder flavor, substitute Ro*Tel® Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||13 g||21%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||12%|
|Dietary fiber||7 g||29%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Made this the other day, turned out fantastic. I seasoned my chicken breasts a bit more than the recipe calls for, used a combination of lemon-pepper seasoning, cracked black pepper, seasoning salt, and garlic salt. I also diced a portion of green bell pepper, a small sweet pepper, and some onion and added some minced garlic to the rice while browning. Substituted black beans for the ranch style beans, and added a small can of tomato sauce in addition to the diced tomatoes & chillies, and finally topped the entire dish with some sprinkled shredded mexican style cheese before serving.