- 1 cup quick cook barley, uncooked
- 1-1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions, white and green parts
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
|Serving Size||4 servings (1-1/2 cups each)|
- Cook barley according to package directions; drain if necessary. Place barley in large bowl. Add corn, garlic salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Add black beans, drained tomatoes and onions. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
For a milder flavor, use Ro*Tel® Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies. Three cups cooked rice or orzo (rice-shaped pasta) may be used in place of the barley.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||6 g||10%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||16%|
|Dietary fiber||10 g||41%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.