- 12 ounces dry spaghetti or favorite pasta, uncooked
- 1 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano-No Salt Added, undrained
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
|Serving Size||6 servings (1-1/2 cups each)|
- Break spaghetti in half. Cook according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, cook beef with onion in large skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain. Add tomato sauce, undrained tomatoes and sugar; stir well.
- Simmer covered over medium-low heat 15 minutes or until hot. Drain spaghetti; place in large bowl. Pour sauce over spaghetti; mix lightly, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||9 g||14%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||16%|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||25%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
All I can say is, "YUM!" My boyfriend and I both savored every bite of this mouthwatering dish! The flavors from the onions, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, ground beef and brown sugar blended together so deliciously. In fact, this sauce reminded me of the sauce at one of my favorite restaurants, and now I'm thinking that their secret ingredient may just be brown sugar! It added a perfect hint of sweetness to the sauce. And I loved that the diced tomatoes made the sauce nice and chunky. Not only was this recipe super tasty, it was incredibly quick and easy to make; I needed just one pan for the pasta and my trusty skillet took care of the sauce! We had enough left over for lunch the next day, and it was just as delicious re-heated. What a hearty, go-to recipe. I can't wait to make it again!
A comfort food classic! The fresh tomato taste of this sauce was a refreshing change to the jar spaghetti sauce that I typically use. My family loved it.