- 1 can (14 oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup dry small shell macaroni, uncooked
- 4 ounces smoked sausage, cut in half lengthwise, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Stewed Tomatoes, undrained, cut up
- 1 cup tomato-vegetable juice
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
|Serving Size||4 servings (1-1/4 cups each)|
- Combine broth and water in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add zucchini and macaroni; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook 8 minutes or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sausage, undrained tomatoes and tomato-vegetable juice; cook 5 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat||4 g||18%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||8%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
As soon as I saw how this was turning out I had to start modifying it. This recipe needed lots of work.....
I tweeked the recipe. Instead of a can of stewed tomatoes, I used tomatoes w/ green chilies,added a small onion,garlic powder, celery and mushrooms. A touch of sea salt. Delcious.
Very easy recipe to make, a little on the bland side. Added some chopped onion and garlic sauted to it and improved the taste. Used Hunts "Diced Tomatoes" and made the process even faster. Great with some crusty sourdough bread.
I thoughgt this was very bland--and I even used twice as much sausage as the recipe called for.