- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups baby carrots (2 cups = about 8 oz)
- 1 pound small red-skinned potatoes, cut into quarters
|Serving Size||6 servings (1-1/2 cups each)|
- Spray inside of 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Stir together tomato sauce, Worcestershire, salt and pepper in slow cooker. Add beef; stir to combine. Top with onion, celery, carrots and potatoes.
- Cover; cook on LOW 8 hours or on HIGH 4 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||14 g||21%|
|Saturated fat||5 g||26%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||18%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I loved the recipe but like all things I do cook I changed it just a little. Instead of Beef, I was lucky enough to harvest a huge 7X7 Elk this year so I subsituded that for the beef. I did use beef stock for more flavor and cut back on the salt to 1/8 teaspoon, they could add more if they felt like it and I added a 15oz can of corn that I had drained the liquid out of.
I am making this recipe right now and I don't see where it calls for thyme. Everyone keeps saying to reduce the thyme.
This was super easy and really tasty. It looked a little think, so I thinned it out with a cup of beef stock. I added the carrots and celery when it was half way done so as not to end up with mushy veg. Came out perfect! I also added way more salt and pepper.
thyme is not mentioned in the ingredients, tasted good to me, definetly will cook again
I wonder if this is an amended recipe? If I had read the reviews before I made it , I doubt I would have tried it, the biggest complaints were that it tasted too much of thyme, but there is no thyme listed in the ingredients, also tomato paste, it lists Hunts Tomato Sauce with basil,oregano & garlic. I made it with 2- 8 oz cartons of beef broth & 4 oz of the Hunts sauce,a few more potatoes & some fresh parsley, it came out great! Adding your own touches like altering the ingredients a bit help make these recipes new family favorites in my house
This is one my family's favorites. If you don't like thyme (my kids don't), try tarragon or *fresh* parsley (believe me, fresh is so much better!), or just reduce by half the amount the recipe calls for. Also, don't be afraid to use pork. Finally, the potatoes will absorb the grease if you use real fatty meat. Don't eat them if you don't want to.