- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 1 can (15 oz each) Manwich® Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1 pkg (8.5 oz each) corn muffin mix
- 1/3 cup fat free milk
- 2 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Original Spread-tub, melted
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters® Original
|Serving Size||6 servings (1/6th casserole each)|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 8 or 9-inch square baking dish or 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. Cook beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until crumbled and no longer pink; drain. Stir in Sloppy Joe sauce; heat until hot. Spoon into baking dish.
- Meanwhile, stir together corn muffin mix, milk, Fleischmann's and Egg Beaters in medium bowl. Spoon and spread over hot beef mixture. Cornbread mixture may not cover the meat completely.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown and set.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||15 g||23%|
|Saturated fat||6 g||28%|
|Dietary fiber||3 g||11%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
This recipe is a family favorite. I add shredded sharp cheese between the ground beef and the corn bread mix. I then put about a 1/4 of cheese in the center down the center of the corn bread mixture. You have to cook it a little longer to ensure the corn bread is done.
My family liked this recipe, however, the next time I make it I will add a can of green chilies to the cornbread to counteract the sweetness a bit. This is a keeper recipe!!!
I have fixed this recipe with skepticism because one of my sons (and my husband) can be extremely picky. They both loved it and have asked for it on occasion since.
I switched the can of manwhich sloppy joe mix for hormel chili with no beans and it was gobbled up by my children super fast. It was a chili cassorole in stead of sloppy joe.
We love this recipe as-is, except for the cooking time. We tend to add 5 minutes or so to the time because, no matter what shaped dish we use, the cornbread is always undercooked after only 15 minutes. Aside from that, it's amazing! This has become one of our favorite recipes!
I found the taste very good, however I should have left mine in the oven longer b/c the center wasn't done on mine. I also used shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top My husband really liked it very much.