- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 pkg (20 oz each) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/3 cup Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1/3 cup grated yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
|Serving Size||6 servings (1 wedge each)|
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, combine potatoes and flour in large bowl; set aside. Combine Egg Beaters, onion, salt, garlic powder and pepper in another bowl. Add Egg Beaters mixture to potato mixture; mix well.
- Place potato mixture evenly in skillet. Cover skillet with aluminum foil; cook 10 minutes or until mixture is set and bottom is golden brown.
- Place large plate over skillet. Holding skillet and plate, turn skillet over, inverting pancake onto plate. Cut into wedges.
Serve with applesauce, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||5 g||7%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||2%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||9%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
What in Spain is called a tortilla. Add some cheese and it is fast, easy, and tasty.
ahh - this is a frittata - or torta. this is not a pancake per say.
I was brought up in a French home and this dish was cooked a lot. My Grandmother would grate the potatoes and onion mix them well then add salt and pepper. We had a black iron skillet and she would have the oil hot and dump the mixture in and it would sizzle. when it was brown on the bottom she would take a plate and flip it onto the plate then slid the potatoes back into the hot skillet to get the top brown. It was so crunchy and so good. Served with a strip steak and salad. Then on Sunday nights with a cheese souffle and a vinaigrette bibb lettuce salad.. I can smell the kitchen now! This is a five star rating from me.
I added more onion and some red pepper from our garden. My husband ate most of this and he usually doesn't like eggs mixed with anything!
This was pretty This recipe was quick and easy to make and my family really enjoyed it! It was a great side dish and it tasted yummy.
Really good and easy to make. My family really liked these, I know we will be making then again