- 1 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 1 can (16 oz each) beans in chili seasoned sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained, liquid reserved
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups broken tortilla chips
|Serving Size||4 servings (1 salad each)|
- Cook beef in large skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain. Add chili beans, chili powder and reserved liquid from tomatoes. Cook 2 minutes or until hot; set aside.
- Divide lettuce between 4 serving plates. Spoon meat mixture evenly over lettuce. Top evenly with cheese, broken chips and drained tomatoes.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||25 g||38%|
|Saturated fat||11 g||54%|
|Dietary fiber||9 g||36%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Tt was so good i would make more and more
It is delicious. We tried it before we put in the lettuce and we also tried it with different chips. But we will add lettuce and tortilla chip later.
I added black olives (diced), green onion (diced), sharp cheddar cheese, ground chuck - not round, dash of taco seasoning, and topped off with sour cream. I also prefer iceberg lettuce to romaine. You can also use a grated Mexican blend cheese.
I've started using Hidden Valley Ranch Southwest Spicy Ranch dressing on my taco salad and it is wonderful! I highly recommend!!!
Usually when I make taco salad it ends up being a messy ordeal with a lot of ingredients. My fiance and I love taco salad, and this was delicious. Much fewer ingredients than my traditional taco salad, and the clean-up was not bad at all. I recommend adding ranch dressing at the very end.
add a few slices of avocado for more taste. you can also make with chicken instead of beef, and vary the kind of chips. yum