- 1 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 1 can (16 oz each) beans in chili seasoned sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained, liquid reserved
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups broken tortilla chips
|Serving Size||4 servings (1 salad each)|
- Cook beef in large skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain. Add chili beans, chili powder and reserved liquid from tomatoes. Cook 2 minutes or until hot; set aside.
- Divide lettuce between 4 serving plates. Spoon meat mixture evenly over lettuce. Top evenly with cheese, broken chips and drained tomatoes.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||25 g||38%|
|Saturated fat||11 g||54%|
|Dietary fiber||9 g||36%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Great! Followed the recipe but added some fresh cherry tomatoes too. Easy and quick to make.
would add the canned Rodel to heat through and use fresh tomatoes
Tt was so good i would make more and more
It is delicious. We tried it before we put in the lettuce and we also tried it with different chips. But we will add lettuce and tortilla chip later.
I added black olives (diced), green onion (diced), sharp cheddar cheese, ground chuck - not round, dash of taco seasoning, and topped off with sour cream. I also prefer iceberg lettuce to romaine. You can also use a grated Mexican blend cheese.
I've started using Hidden Valley Ranch Southwest Spicy Ranch dressing on my taco salad and it is wonderful! I highly recommend!!!