- 2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz each) quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1 pound medium peeled and deveined shrimp with tail, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges, optional
|Serving Size||4 servings (1 cup shrimp and 3/4 cup rice each)|
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, place undrained tomatoes and artichokes in 10-inch skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or just until boiling.
- Add shrimp; cook 2 to 3 minutes more or just until shrimp turn pink, stirring frequently. Stir in remaining ingredients, except lemon. Serve over rice with a squeeze of lemon juice, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||3 g||4%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||2%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||17%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Hubby & I both love shrimp & artichokes, & I like the fact that this is a relatively healthy dish & easy to prepare. I generally prefer to make dishes that require few ingredients & that don't take up a lot of time.
I thought this recipe was super easy to do. I love using recipies with very few ingredients that I can easily pick up at the store and throw together. When I'm cooking things with a dozen ingrediants, it's very hard for me to keep track of all of them. I loved this recipe. It has all of my favorite foods in it--shrimp, artichokes, and tomatoes. The only problem is that the rest of my family wasn't wild about it. My hubsband doesn't really like the artichokes, and the kids weren't crazy about any of it. But such is my life! I don't seem to ever be able to make everyone happy, so I just have to go with what is easy and healthy, and things I know I can at least force them to eat! Lol!