- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into large pieces
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Spicy Red Pepper, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- 1 pkg (0.87 oz each) pork gravy mix
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 pkg (8 oz each) sliced fresh mushrooms
|Serving Size||8 servings (about 1 cup each)|
- Spray inside of 4 to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine remaining ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH 4 to 6 hours or until meat is tender. Separate pork into smaller pieces.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||33 g||51%|
|Saturated fat||12 g||61%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||15%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
This recipe came out great!! Very easy. I only used 1 can of diced tomatoes because i had a smaller pork roast. The next day we made pulled pork sandwiches with the leftovers which was also amazing. My husband never eats leftovers, but this time it was his idea! I made glazed sweet potatoes to go with it, which is another easy yet excellent recipe on this site.
This taste really good
My husband loved this recipe! I served it over wide egg noodles and he took the leftovers for lunch the next day (which NEVER happens, he isn't a leftovers kind of guy) I have made this a couple times, super easy to put together in the morning.
I gave this recipe a 1 out of 5. I thought the tomatoes were very prominent in the flavoring. I would have liked to have had the meat more prominent. I did take the advice of another comment and made cornbread with it which we loved. I think the next time I make this, I will use less tomatoes/tomatoe paste.
A great tip for those of you who own a stand mixer. If you have a stand mixer, put the flat beater on and put about a pound of the cooked meat into the mixing bowl. Start mixing low and speed up for a finer shred. Mix until your desired shed consistency is obtained.
This recipe was GREAT. At first I thought it was too juicy & that my family would not be tooo keen on it, but to my surprise they loved it espically my husband. The crock pot was cleaned out that night. P.S. this is also great with cornbread. ENJOY!!!!!!!