- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 2 large beef cubed steaks, each cut in half (2 steaks = 1 lb)
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce-No Salt Added
- 1 pkg (0.87 oz each) brown gravy mix
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes with onions and peppers, thawed
|Serving Size||4 servings (1 piece steak and 3/4 cup potatoes each)|
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak pieces; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Stir together undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, gravy mix and sugar until blended. Add potatoes; mix to combine. Pour potato mixture over steaks. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
Cubed steaks may vary in size from store to store. If steaks are large (about 8 ounces each), cut each in half. If steaks are smaller, look for steaks that are 5 ounces each and use 1 for each serving. To thaw frozen hash brown potatoes, place in covered microwave-safe dish and microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 6 minutes or until thawed. Frozen potatoes also can be thawed by placing in refrigerator overnight. Cubed steaks and potatoes may be topped with sour cream and chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||9 g||14%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||14%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||19%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I really liked this meal. I did add some sea salt, pepper, granulated garlic and mustard seeds and served over some pasta. I used smoked pork instead of beef. When I make it again I plan on using rice.
Good, but needs tweaking. If/when we make this again, I'll be salting/seasoning the cube steak before browning and using regular tomato sauce instead of the no salt added variety. I think it could also benefit from a bit of paprika or other spice(s) that play well with the tomatoes and peppers.
Was very good and easy. If I make again though I may add some extra seasonings to jazz it up a bit. It felt like it needed something extra to flavor the tomato sauce.
I think this is a good receipe and it can be very changeable because you can substitute other meats for the steak.