- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 cup medium-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
|Serving Size||6 servings (2/3 cup each)|
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add rice; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until browned lightly, stirring occasionally.
- Add undrained tomatoes, broth and water to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in peas, cheese, salt and pepper. Heat 1 minute more or until peas are hot.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||7 g||11%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||8%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||8%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
This side is a big plus with my family! I sometimes exchange the peas for either asparagus or zucchini and it gives it a different characteristic and still popular.When you have it left over and re-heat it the next day it tastes even better because all the flavors has a chance to come together. Its a filling side dish.
Not too bad but a little more flavor comes from fresh roasted tomatoes or sun dried tomatoes. Add chicken and this is already a meal!
I didn't have a can of fire Roasted tomatoes, so I just used a regular can of Hunts diced tomatoes and added fresh garlic. I also didn't use peas since my boys don't like them, but otherwise it was good and they ate everything on their plate. Could be a good main meatless option, but we served ours with chicken sausage.
My family liked it alot. Instead of peas maybe add zucchini for the summer taste. The fire roasted tomatoes added great flavor and went well with the chicken brasts I made.
I made this dinner for my family and the loved it. they are big fans. i will have to perpare this dish offend
Made this side dish last night- bland and just plain gross in my opinion. Will not attempt this again.