- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 4 boneless pork chops (4 chops = 1 lb)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
|Serving Size||4 servings (1 chop with about 1/4 cup sauce each)|
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of pork with salt and pepper. Place in skillet; cook 4 minutes or until browned. Turn pork over, reduce heat to medium and cook 6 minutes more or until slightly pink in centers (160°F). Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Add onion; cook 4 minutes or until tender. Stir together remaining ingredients in small bowl until blended. Gradually add to onion; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring constantly. Drizzle sauce over pork chops.
Did you know that sweet potatoes are just as easy to make as regular potatoes? Wash, pierce with a fork and then cook in microwave 4 to 6 minutes or until tender. Makes a good side for the pork chops.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||8 g||13%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||9%|
|Dietary fiber||0 g||1%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
The mister and I both enjoyed this very much.
I tried this tonight. Of course being a cook by trade I cant use a recipe as written. I MUST TWEAK IT! lol I didnt have apple cider or juice, so I used apple sauce and added water. I also used a little more maple syrup as it was unsweetened sauce. All in all it came out really good, but the onion sauce tasted like it is missing something...Not sure what though.
My whole family ended scraping off the sauce.
Tried the pork chop recipe last night and loved it. However, I would suggest rice or baked potatoes instead of sweet potatoes, not as sweet.
This was a great receipy. Made the kids very happy indeed. Given the picky eaters we have in the family this was a great way to please everyone. Thanks for sharing.
this was a really simple receipe. my kids really liked it.