- 8 ounces dry whole grain penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil, divided
- 1 pkg (16 oz each) frozen pepper stir-fry vegetables
- 2 tablespoons Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
- 2 tablespoons La Choy® Lite Soy Sauce
|Serving Size||6 servings (1-2/3 cups each)|
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Sprinkle steak with salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak; cook and stir until browned. Drain. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Place remaining 1 tablespoon oil, stir-fry vegetables and tomato paste in skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in undrained tomatoes, soy sauce and steak. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Drain pasta. Toss pasta with vegetable mixture and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||8 g||13%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||9%|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||26%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
So easy on the prep & the ingredients are simple yet yummy this is a wonderful recipe!!!!
I am glad I read the reviews before I cooked this. I made my own version using the basics of this recipe but, served it over rice. I will be posting the recipe (Pepper Steak)
I agree with Linda. This recipe was good but bland. My family each dealt with it in their own way. My oldest son added extra soy to his and felt that did the trick. My husband added Teriyaki sauce to his and was pleased with that. I added some Creole seasoning and felt that helped some. The whole grain pasta seems to bland it down. I think it needs just a little something to get it past that. With our added touches, everyone was pleased.
I tried this recipe last night because for once I had all the ingredients on hand. It was quick and easy to make, however it was kind of bland. My husband who likes anything as long as it has tomato sauce on it said it was kind of tasteless. We felt it was ok, but wouldn't make it again. I now have a ton of it in the fridge cause we don't like it well enough to eat it again.