- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1 pkg (0.75 oz each) fresh basil, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each)
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 cups small garlic- or Italian-flavored croutons, crushed slightly
|Serving Size||5 servings (1 topped breast each)|
- Stir together drained tomatoes, cheese and basil in medium bowl; set aside.
- Pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Top evenly with tomato mixture, pressing onto chicken.
- Combine tomato sauce and garlic in large skillet; add chicken. Bring sauce to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers (165°F). Top with croutons just before serving.
Don't have a meat mallet to pound the chicken? Use the side of a clean, label-free can or a rolling pin instead. Chicken breast tenders may be used in place of breasts with no pounding needed. Place tomato sauce and garlic in skillet; top with 1-1/2 pounds tenders. Spoon diced tomato mixture over tenders. Bring sauce to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is done (165°F). Top with croutons.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||11 g||17%|
|Saturated fat||4 g||21%|
|Dietary fiber||3 g||10%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Great recipe. Kids love it too. I added rosemary to mine. Highly recommend it.
A good recipe. But to make it more seem more faithful to the Italian classic , you may add a crusty piece of cheese toast on the side. That way this dish is almost like an open faced sandwhich but has a warm filling. Those who want to reduce sat fats can just add a piece of toasted french bread with garlic spread. A nice appetizer would be a cold vegetable salad with pine nuts, spinach, chick peas, fresh basil and orgeano with vinegar based dressing. Also, Hunts has low sodium diced tomatoes. Rate : 4
yum and so easy to follow
So easy to do, perfect for when you're not in the mood to cook, but still needing a wonderful meal! Good serving of protein as well.
This was a great meal it was qiuck and easy
This is a terrific low calorie dish tha t even the kids love.