- 6 ounces dry rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- PAM® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 1/2 cup bell pepper strips (red, green and/or yellow)
- 1/4 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt?s® Diced Tomatoes with Spicy Red Pepper, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
|Serving Size||4 servings (1-1/2 cups each)|
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 5 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper and onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add undrained tomatoes and tomato sauce; reduce heat and simmer 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat||4 g||19%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||20%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I substituted the ground beef for ground turkey and added sweet turkey sausage since we don't eat beef. I also added a couple cloves of minced garlic and parmesean cheese. Instead of rigatoni, I used mini penne pasta. Great flavor and it was light with the turkey.
GREAT EASY TO USE RECIPE, BUT I MODIFIED IT WITH MILD BANANA PEPPER RINGS AND MORE MOZZARELLA CHEESE
not what I'd call a perfect recipe but DEFINITELY EASY FAST AND DELICIOUS - I exchanged green onions for the regular and substituted shrimp for the beef saute veggies til onions are clear and peppers are softish then TOSS THE SHRIMP IN THE SKILLET FOR ABOUT 2 MINUTES AND SET ASIDE (it was really easy to do this for friends since I am vegetarian (I do cheese & milk) I set aside enough for the two vegetarians and added the shrimp for everyone else with no effort. add the shrimp when you toss in the pasta I also added 1/2C of cheese in the mixture THEN TOPPED IT with the 1/3 cup - NEVER OVERCOOK YOUR SEAFOOD -- a 5 star Ritz Carlton chef once told me that seafood needs a "bit of a jiggle left in it" ceasar salad and cheesy garlic bread
This one was great and the kids loved it too.
Excellent! I used Italian sausage instead and lots more cheese mixed in too.
Awesome recipe. It is just delicious.