- 8 ounces dry small elbow macaroni, uncooked (8 oz = 2 cups)
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 oz each) red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce-No Salt Added
- 1 pkg (1.25 oz each) chili seasoning mix
|Serving Size||6 servings (1-1/2 cups each)|
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, place beef and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat; sprinkle with salt. Cook until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain. Stir in beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili seasoning. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain macaroni; stir into meat mixture.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||8 g||13%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||15%|
|Dietary fiber||8 g||30%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Made this and it turned out great, but I added sliced mushrooms.. Em em YUMM
Made this but added but used tomatoes with chipotle instead of the fire roasted. This was good and hearty. Would be a great meal for a cold winter dinner.
Easy to make. It's not bland , and Yes I'll be making this again.
Made this just like it said. Did not care for this, it was very bland. Will not be making again!
I doubled this recipe, but I didn't have the fire roasted diced tomatoes so I used what I had on hand, 1 can of Rotelle and 1 can of sweet onion diced tomatoes. I also used a Hot Chile seasoning. It was a hit with my family, but for me, it was a little too hot. Next time I'll use a mild and a hot chile seasoning together and try the fire roasted diced tomatoes to see if they make it even better.
Double the recipe but use 4 cans of Tomato Sauce. And use McCormick Hot Chili Seasoning.