- 8 ounces dry small elbow macaroni, uncooked (8 oz = 2 cups)
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 oz each) red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce-No Salt Added
- 1 pkg (1.25 oz each) chili seasoning mix
|Serving Size||6 servings (1-1/2 cups each)|
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, place beef and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat; sprinkle with salt. Cook until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain. Stir in beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili seasoning. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain macaroni; stir into meat mixture.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||8 g||13%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||15%|
|Dietary fiber||8 g||30%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
Made this just like it said. Did not care for this, it was very bland. Will not be making again!
I doubled this recipe, but I didn't have the fire roasted diced tomatoes so I used what I had on hand, 1 can of Rotelle and 1 can of sweet onion diced tomatoes. I also used a Hot Chile seasoning. It was a hit with my family, but for me, it was a little too hot. Next time I'll use a mild and a hot chile seasoning together and try the fire roasted diced tomatoes to see if they make it even better.
Double the recipe but use 4 cans of Tomato Sauce. And use McCormick Hot Chili Seasoning.
Pretty good. Add a drop of sour cream on top & ok.
Great meal, my kids loved it!
Great recipe. Very hearty. Wonderful for fall or winter. More of a "goolash" consistency. Easy to make, and great left-over!