- 1 can (8 oz each) crushed pineapple in juice, divided
- 1 cup Hunt's® Original Barbecue Sauce, divided
- 1 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 2-1/4 cups instant brown rice, uncooked, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
|Serving Size||4 servings (6 meatballs with sauce and 1 cup rice each)|
- Stir together half the pineapple and 3/4 cup barbecue sauce in small bowl; set aside.
- Mix remaining pineapple, remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, beef, 1/4 cup rice, salt and pepper in large bowl until well blended. Shape mixture into 24 meatballs, about 1-1/4 inches each. Place in large skillet sprayed with cooking spray; spoon sauce mixture over meatballs.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir gently and cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 16 to 18 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through (160°F).
- Meanwhile, prepare remaining 2 cups rice according to package directions, omitting salt and butter and adding bell pepper. Serve meatballs and sauce over rice.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||18 g||27%|
|Saturated fat||6 g||30%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||19%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.
I followed the recipe without any alterations and it was REALLY good. I know I'll be making these again. I did not have a problem keeping them together. I just treated them gingerly while they were in the pan. Because there are just two of us, we had leftovers. Not a problem!
I made this tonight with a few changes. I added an egg and half a cup of bread crumbs. I also used a small cookie scoop to portion out the balls and I baked them in the oven. 450 for about 20 minutes. I started out scooping them into a pan on the stove top but it got too crowded and they were falling apart. the ones I baked stayed together pretty well. then I just warmed up the sauce and put the balls over rice and poured some sauce over.
This was really good and tasty. Would definitely serve this again.
Better with cornflake crumbs
I added breadcrumbs and an egg, stayed together perfectly. Also chopped up some green pepper for the sauce. They were a hit.
Tastes good but my meatballs didn't stay together..for this particular meal, I'll probably use store bought next time..